Osseo Area Schools’ Gifted Education program seeks to recognize and appropriately serve the academic, social and emotional needs of gifted students.
Key priorities are that gifted learners will:
- Experience rigor and challenge daily in the instructional environment, matching student needs for rigorous instruction;
- Participate in activities designed to provide new learning and engagement in the learning process;
- Expand their understanding of how people learn, affective needs and personal strengths that contribute to making-meaning and problem-solving in a supportive environment;
- Develop the skills and habits of a lifelong learner.
In Osseo Area Schools, gifted learners:
- Represent all the diverse populations of our community.
- Are capable of high performance when compared to others of similar age, experience or environment.
- Are capable of high performance in one or more of the following areas: general intellectual, specific academic subjects, creativity, leadership, and visual or performing arts.
Gifted Education is an open, needs-oriented program that serves a broad range of gifted learners. Any student who demonstrates a need in the classroom could qualify for special pullout lessons along with formally identified students. Our districtwide commitment to directly address the individual needs of students through differentiated instruction helps ensure that all gifted learners are challenged and engaged in the classroom.